Monday, March 3, 2014

Shadow Boxes

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

I received a table saw for Christmas about 4 years ago. This was my first woodworking machine. My wife wanted a couple shadow boxes and this was the first project I ever put together. Its a pretty simple concept. Two shelves that I just flipped to give me the effect we both wanted. I made this project out of red oak that I got at Home Depot. Nothing fancy!The boards were fastened with 3/4 inch dados that I made with my router, glue, counter sunk #8 wood screws and then I plugged the holes with dowel. I used a dark walnut stain and a few coats of water based polyurethane. It was a pretty simple project.

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

1 comment:

  1. Gain instant access to 16,000 woodworking blueprints.

    Teds Woodworking has more than 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP BY STEP instructions, sketches and drafts to make each project very easy...

    ReplyDelete