Monday, January 27, 2014

Making a simple wall shelf

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
This wall shelf is going to be installed above the bench I made in the previous post. It took all of about 2 hours to make this, so it is very easy! It consists of 3 peices (2 brackets and the shelf). I put a simple curve design on each bracket with the band saw, and used the router to give everything a smooth rounded edge. I spaced the brackets at 48" apart, which gives me a chance to sink a nail into a stud (assuming there is a stud at the 48" mark)! I used a keyhole bit in the router to make slots in the back of the brackets - this is how it hangs on the wall. This also makes it easy to hang it level, because you set the nails first, making sure they are level, then simply hang the shelf! The shelf will be painted as well. Here is a picture of a keyhole bit.



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment