Saturday, January 25, 2014

Q A Shavonda A Home Full of Color

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Today Im super excited to have the fun and talented Shavonda from A Home Full of Color on the blog! Shavonda has a beautiful home with plenty of personality, color, and a great eclectic mix!

I adore her recent hallway transformation! Painting the ceiling coral really makes the space!! Her kitchen redo is also fabulous, make sure to pop over and take a look! or maybe her aqua bookshelves - I cant decide, They are all SO good! :)

Take it away Shavonda!



Hi Everyone! Im Shavonda and I blog over at A Home Full Of Color. Thank you all so much for letting me hang out with you for a bit today and thank you Sarah for having me.  Im sure I dont have to tell you guys how awesome Sarah is.  I just love her work.  Shes definitely one of my blog idols and its an honor to be here.  For those of you who arent familiar with me I have an affinity for colorful, eclectic interiors, glossy furniture, old houses, giraffes, and the Dallas Cowboys!  I also a little obsessed with rearranging furniture. Here are a few other tidbits about me....



Egg Nog!  I know a lot of folks associate it with Christmas, but the minute my grocery store gets it in stock Im all over it.  










I like using candles, fresh flowers or a plant, and art to freshen up a room. Art is such an easy and commitment free way to decorate a room. Candles add warmth and flowers and plants give a room life. More info here.
















Without a doubt my biggest fail has been our first attempt at adding a chalkboard wall to our kitchen. I learned that MDF boards + liquid nails + indecision = holes in walls.  I also learned how much rebuilding a wall sucks.  Drywall is definitely something I will pretty much always leave to the professionals. 



And though I HATE painting cabinets, I love what a couple coats of paint did for your hallway and kitchen. More info here.













 Im totally in love with kilim.



and suzani.












I absolutely love Emily Henderson.  I adore her use of old and new in spaces.  Shes really great with mixing color and pattern.  I also love how you can pretty much always find something a bit unexpected in her spaces.

--

Dont you just love that coral ceiling!? So perfect in Shavondas space! I really want to try that sometime!! (hopefully well have a house soon so that I can paint till my hearts content!) And the black and white stripe with gold campaign hardware really makes the space - love love love it! 

I too love eggnog!! YUM!!  

Thanks so much for sharing today Shavonda!! 

If youre new to Shavondas blog, make sure to check out her home tour and projects page!! 



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment