Monday, February 10, 2014

Beginning Tool Collection

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Here is a list of my wood working specific tools which I am starting out with.

Tools I inherited with the boat which I have removed rust, serviced and cleaned as best as possible in WD40 & light oil:

3 x Small F-Clamps
3 x Medium F-Clamps
Panel Saw ~10tpi rip (Old Self Sharpen Style)
12" Back Saw ~12tpi rip (Old Self Sharpen Style)
Bit & Brace (with ratchet function)
Egg Beater Hand Drill - (broken handle)
Small Hammer
3 Wood Rasps (Flat, Half Round & Round)
12Pc Carving Set (looks cheap)
7pc Hole Cutter Set 32 - 70 mm
Spade Drill Bits - 28, 25, 23, 16, 13, 12 mm
Forstner Drill Bits - 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 mm
Various Lip & Spur (Brad Point) Bits
Wood Plug Cutters & Bits

After some time reading about wood working online and learning about tools and their specific uses, I decided about 6 months ago during one of my visits to the U.K I should purchase a few new tools to compliment those above and try to have a go while living on my boat in the Caribbean. The tools remained untouched aside from a few Pre-Atlantic crossing boat preparations and repairs and have only just now been unpacked.

Everything came from my local ScrewFix store and I have provided links.

Stanley No4 Smoothing Bench Plane
Stanley Block Plane
Stanley Metal Sureform Block Plane
Stanley FatMax 5pc Bevel Chisels
Stanley FatMax Coping Saw
Stanley 23tpi Flush Cut Saw
Irwin 12" Pullsaw 14tpi
Stanley Stone & Honing Guide
Stanley Bevel Guage
Combination Square
Wooden Mallet
3m Imperial / Metric Tape Measure
12" Steel Ruler

I do own other assorted none specific tools such as screw drivers, files, pliers and spanners, etc, all of which Im sure will come in useful along the way.

Tools I now realise I will probably need soon are some layout tools such as marking gauges and a good marking knife. More importantly, before anything else I need to sort out my space with some form of bench. Who knows at some point I might even get some wood as well.

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment