Monday, February 10, 2014

art above the headboard finished!

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Yesterday I finished the art above the headboard!

Click to read more about the tufted headboard with wings and nailhead trim, dresser/nightstand, lamps, pillows!


I drew a design based off of the bed skirt or back of pillows fabric - traced with puffy paint (remember it is very hard to get the puffy paint to be perfect - if you try it this way, embrace the imperfections!)

After it dried I painted it with SW Anew Gray with a little white mixed in

Once it dried I didnt think that it had enough contrast - and looked a little flat in the space ...


so I retraced the lines with white puffy paint and perfect - just enough pop!


The two larger frames on the right are painted the same as the canvases (little frame is from Ikea)

I printed the quote on fabric - check out this post to see how I did it - I drew the Eames chair outline and Annabelles silhouette in illustrator

 

 

and on the other side - a wedding photo, outline of wishbone chair, and a quote printed on fabric 







I love the extra contrast that the white lines gave the canvases! and how the texture ties in with the bed skirt while balancing out the stenciled wall

I have a lot of exciting projects in the works ... now I just have to decide what to start first!

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment