Monday, February 10, 2014

Fabric for Eames Chairs

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
First off, I wanted to thank everyone who placed an order through my Etsy shop during my holiday weekend sale. It is so nice to see that so many of you like my prints and stencils, thank you so much! I am busily working on getting to all of the digital proofs and shipping orders!

Over the weekend I ordered fabric for the Eames chairs, the purple blue, stained, torn fabric had to go, I wouldnt even sit on it without plastic, yuck!


After going back and forth between a pattern and a solid I ended up with a solid since if I get tired of it, I wont have to reupholster.

I went with West Elms Basket Weave in putty gray (bottom right)

Since these chairs will be getting more use than the caning chair, I wanted something that would be durable. Since this is upholstery grade, it should hold up well!

We also got started on polishing the base with our dremel tool. I let David have control over this one since he has experience polishing car parts. He really likes it, and was excited to get started. Whew! Missed that one, polishing sounds about as fun as sanding to me.


Looking much better! It looks a little gold in this photo, but its just the lighting - no rub n buff applied.

I cant wait to get these chairs in the office, Im tired of sitting on the dining chairs! 

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment